Thread: Anyone apply to the Netflix Animation Emerging Creative Program?

Default Anyone apply to the Netflix Animation Emerging Creative Program?

I don't know what exactly they're calling it. Early Creative? Art trainee? They were positions for story and visdev "internships" that popped up back in February. Has anyone heard anything? I haven't seen many people chatting about it.

Last year I think it took roughly two months for them to start sending out rejections or acceptances? It may have been a little longer even. Because it’s not a set timeline for the program (like a summer internship) they sift through the animation studio portfolio a little slower, because you essentially get put into a Finalists category for the individual studios / projects to go through and ask you to work on a project if they think you’re a good fit, and they can contact you any time before the next round of applications opens.

Compositing 3d when the camera is moving though is much, much harder. At the very least you need skills in 3d tracking, lighting for 3d, rendering, etc. If you want the lighting and shadows to be convincing. It'll be hours of work that's really beyond what you'd normally expect a single person to do.