Thread: Moving to Okinawa, What am I in for or advice do you have?

Jr. Necki

Default Moving to Okinawa, What am I in for or advice do you have?

So I've accepted a new position to join the ranks of the DOD Civilians abroad working for the Department of the Navy as a Cyber Security Manager. Over my career, I did my share of PCS both CONUS and OCONUS. However, with every transition, there are things you wish knew ahead of time you would encounter. Tips about the region that would be helpful. Things you may not think of. Any insight you may have on the Okinawa region is greatly appreciated.

Jr. Necki

I would suggest buying a car from b.c. Motors. They have a one year warranty and 0% financing. You can tell them that you were prior service and get up to 1,500 dollars off. There is an annual road tax you will have to pay and depending on engine size it can cost more. When you purchase car insurance, buy it 6 months at a time. every time you renew it you will get a discount if you have no accidents within the 6 months. Enjoy the outer islands it is beautiful. The humidity is unbearable so drink a lot of water. Good luck!!!

Beginner

Hey! If you want to relocate, you should definitely hire a good moving company, otherwise you will face a whole lot of problems. I highly recommend contacting companies that have increased their popularity and customer base with MoversBoost
    These guys helped these moving companies with SEO promotion and now these companies are among the best in the niche.