Thread: Are "HipHop Jewelry" sellers reliable?

Jr. Necki

Default Are "HipHop Jewelry" sellers reliable?

I was looking for a moissanite piece and discovered TheIceGiant, a place called "Harlembling" and a few other vendors that sell "HipHop Jewelry" in moissanite. I thought it was a good deal since you get the bling factor with moissainte for a fraction of the price of diamond. Looking through youtube reviews I found a video of a guy claiming he bought the same pieces from alibaba and compared them side by side with a diamond tester. He said that these sellers are actually just importing pieces from china and upcharging by a crazy amount. For example this beautiful chain on IGT can be found on alibaba for a fraction of the price. I know for a fact that these guys don't manufacture in house and import at least some pieces from china. The thing is of course $400 seems a bit too good to be true to me but I'm not an experienced moissanite buyer. In one of their recent youtube videos one of the brands even threw shade and said that the $400 alibaba chains weren't real and that they were "coated"(although they did test positive). Which bought me here. Looking through these HipHop jewelers catalogue their pieces seem overpriced compared to the Chinese dealers in the sidebar on here (Harlem and IGT sell silver pieces at the same price that others sell white gold!) So i was wondering are these hiphop jewelers actually taxing 2x 3x even 4x the actual price or is there something I'm missing? Has anyone on here ever heard of a coated blue moissanite that tests positive on a diamond tester but is only half the price of white moissanite of the same size? Also can these Alibaba sellers even be trusted or are they just scamming?

Jr. Necki

Hello all! In my opinion now is pretty hard to find a good jewelry store or a private jeweler who would make jewelry in the style of hip-hop, so there is also a good chance that you will be cheated and sold a fake. Here recently I decided to order a hip hop jewelry in jewelry online store Itshot, in my opinion their store is one of the best of its kind as you get hip hop jewelry for a relatively low price and yet from high quality material.
    I think I have helped you with your question.