View Poll Results: disorder or dark sight?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • disorder

9 19.57%
  • dark sight

37 80.43%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: disorder or dark sight

I'm giving Disorder a chance with my Bandit.

Even though I won't be able to max it out, it'll be at a healthy level of 17 when I turn Lvl 30.

So far, it's only Lvl 3 and I can KIND of see the damage numbers go up. Although it's not considerably noticable. I believe it's a skill that is highly over-looked. It's dishing out damage, stopping an enemy for a few seconds, and lowering defense a bit. Sounds pretty useful.

As for Dark Sight, maxing it doesn't really do anything for you. Putting 3 to 5 points in it should be enough. Of course, before the job advancement, all points must be allocated into something, and since Assassins don't need Disorder, the only option left is Dark Sight. I think that's where the mentality of "Oh, Dark Sight is a better skill than Disorder" came from.
    Hail Satan

umm if you use disorder you have to use it on every monster you fight :shock:

So?

That's the whole point of Disorder. It isn't used to hit and run away from a monster. It CAN be used like that, but mainly for hindering a monster while you wail on him.
    Hail Satan

Mushmom

People max dark sight because at level twenty it works with haste. That's why they don't leave it on three or five.

Okay, now we are fighting crimson balrog. We use disorder on it. Oh my god! Eight hundred minus twenty! Damn, that's useful.

Like I said, disorder becomes obsolete when you fight monsters of high level.

Bera: Excruciation

in my experience dark sight is better. u wil nd 3 disorder for the effect that tops enemy attck is gd for using them on omonsters when they are trying to use magic. but the effect that minus the attck and defence is quite useless whereas dark sight is so much better when u make it high lvl as u r ble to walk faster and as u see lvl 1 dark sight only provides 10 sec of invisibility which is REALLY REALLY USELESS. i tried it with my friends rogue account. but when you max it, it gives you 200 secs of invisibility and lets you walk 100% of your walking speed which enables you to walk the whole dungeon for fun easily instead of dark sight every10 sec and get out of mana. when you max dark sight it only cost 5 mana instead of 27 which is so much difference. it helps alot in tight situations too just that it dosen't block magic.

Unless you've maxed Disorder and Dark Sight, you can't say "In my experience." I'm going to assume that you haven't, so you couldn't compare.

When people say "tight situtations" that's what I'm considering when I say "You only need 3 to 5 points in Dark Sight to get out of one". If it takes you 200 seconds to get out a tight situation, something isn't right. Hence, why I say Dark Sight is alright at either 3 to 5 seconds.

As for the Barlog thing, I'm sure Disorder IS obsolete with him but, have you tested a Max Disorder on him though to see if it really is? If not, then it's all speculation that the effects of Disorder aren't good on higher leveled monsters. I'm sure it could be useful in a way. For one whole minute his attack and defense is down by twenty points. Sure, it doesn't sound like much to begin with, but think about how much more damage could be caused in that minute. It could possibly add up to help take Barlog down. PLUS! He'll stop attacking you for the time he's Disordered (Little symbol over his head).
    Hail Satan

use disorder on balrog = MISS for 98% of thiefs unless MISS can still make rog stop attacking
    and if you are a good sin or banditsin there is no way to max out darksight
    nimble body 20
    keen eye 8
    disorder 3
    darksight 10
    L7 20
    total of 61 points you get in 1st job

there isn't enough SP left to max darksight

if you are a pure bandut then you have 8 points more in darksight because you don't get keen eye

dark sight in my opinion is more appealing than disorder, but you probably dont need more than 6 points in it since that is already 60 seconds in hiding.
    i think you also need points in disorder to get dark sight so either way you would have to have both.

Quote Originally Posted by lxAznSpearsxl
    use disorder on balrog = MISS for 98% of thiefs unless MISS can still make rog stop attacking
    As stated by Ikachan, a miss still affects a monster.

But once again, was it a Max Disorder?
    Hail Satan

i don't think if you max out a disorder it'll give you more accuracy when you use it.
    lol there is 2 crimson rogs......
    you disorder 1 and the other pwns you