View Poll Results: Which is better?

Voters
1136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Assassins, woot range rocks :)

503 44.28%
  • Bandits, savage blow rules :)

633 55.72%
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Bandits REALLY better than assassins in the 2nd job?

Slime

i m a sin, i will support sin~

[cassopeia] Co2lfatality 4X ditsin

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by lxAznSpearsxl
    when mastery level 19 and SB do 6 hits bandits start to own in damage wise....
    but at that time sins will maxed out critical and move faster than bandits because they get haste earlier.....
    Look. Bandits do NOT own damage wise. Is that clear? They own speed wise.

And Uberon is right there, you can't 'ownz' with lucky seven because you need critical shot.

Bera: Excruciation

well...first of..bandits ARE faster. Second off..Assasins damage is so ranged its not funny. My friends a level 72 assasin. One minute he is doing a huge amount of damage. Next minute he is doing 400 - 400. I have seen him do 200-200. He never messed up on his build. He has 10 atk gloves and throws tobi and steelys. I mean..face the facts. Assasins are good and so are Bandits. If you totaled the ammount of damage a Assasin did in an Hours time to what a Bandit did in an Hours time the bandit would have more Damage. Most people look at the most damage in one hit. Assasins probly do more total damage then bandits. But most people look at the levels from level 35 - 50. Bandits don't really shine till level 60+ once we have some Dagger booster , Max dagger mastry, Maxed Haste, and Maxed Savage blow. In the 3rd class(which as nothing to do with the post) we have the highest damage skill. Meso explosion in some cases has been know to hit 70k damage.. I rest my case :P

Don't take my avatar serious.

wateva he says ^

i have a bandit so ill suport em

the thing is bandits are HARD to train until they own wen dey max out sb mastery n booster

dats all it is to it

in sins they are not always doing critical so its not defined

it depends if a sin at an hour ALWAYS do critical (miracle) they will do more damage than bandits (for some obvious reasons)

but IF u think about it

wats beta luck or stable damage?

well luck probably cuz ur a thief!!!! lol

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by CronicallyInclined
    well...first of..bandits ARE faster. Second off..Assasins damage is so ranged its not funny. My friends a level 72 assasin. One minute he is doing a huge amount of damage. Next minute he is doing 400 - 400. I have seen him do 200-200. He never messed up on his build. He has 10 atk gloves and throws tobi and steelys. I mean..face the facts. Assasins are good and so are Bandits. If you totaled the ammount of damage a Assasin did in an Hours time to what a Bandit did in an Hours time the bandit would have more Damage. Most people look at the most damage in one hit. Assasins probly do more total damage then bandits. But most people look at the levels from level 35 - 50. Bandits don't really shine till level 60+ once we have some Dagger booster , Max dagger mastry, Maxed Haste, and Maxed Savage blow. In the 3rd class(which as nothing to do with the post) we have the highest damage skill. Meso explosion in some cases has been know to hit 70k damage.. I rest my case :P
    I agree with most of that, but I highly doubt a bandit would do more damage in one hour. Your assassin friend at level seventy-two couldn'tve done 200-200, look:

Code:
    Total AP: 25+(72*5)=385
    LUK: 385-4-4-120=257

STR: 4
    DEX: 120
    INT: 4
    LUK: 257

Lets assume we have a perfect dark fury with +5 60% scrolls. 

Unscrolled Dark Scarab:+6 LUK, 37 ATK
    Scrolled (+5 60) Dark Scarab: +11 LUK, 47 ATK

Stats: 

LUK: 257+11=268

Now, so far for weapon attack we have forty-seven from the claw. Lets base our stars on steelies. That's 27 attack. With an eleven attack work glove, we now have  85 weapon attack. We shall also assume this is a low-dex sin with a +20 DEX gown. Stat recap: 

LUK: 257+11+20=288

Here's the formula for minimum damage.

(2.5*288/100)*85=612

Lucky seven gives us 150%*2, so...

(2.5*288/100)*85=612*150%*2=1836 damage at the very least.
    Meso explosion is NOT a staple skill and is unlikely you will use it all the time to train. Even on zakum, you can only hit the lower arms.

Bera: Excruciation

Quote Originally Posted by CronicallyInclined
    do 200-200 dmg? haha only if he didn't use lucky7. i'm level 46 and i NEVER do less than 300 per star on lucky =) (21atk kumbi, 29atk avar, 4atk glove, lowdex). i 1hitko jr kitties (1100hp) 15-16 times out of 20. the bandits 2-3 levels higher than me 100% 1hitko kitties, but train slower. yes our damage has a very high ceiling and a sometimes low floor, but over the course of training it still evens out.

i don't agree that a bandit does more damage in one hour than a sin. remember that the bandit has to move around in order to hit the monsters with sb, the sin on the other hand doesn't. it's a fact that even at high levels sins still train faster. if the bandit didn't have to move around so much though, ah, yes they would definitely outdamage sins simply by spamming sb. there are quite alot of boss monsters i'd rather fight with a bandit though, the freezing effect of sb and eventually meso explosion makes bandits much more effective boss killers. sins however would be safer because they whack from far away.

pretty much even i'd say, but i revel in killing/levelling fast (and ks-in when someone has it coming... oops) and that's why sin. not to mention i'm gonna be swimming in mesos some day =)

maby...but i did see a 400-400 im sure..this was on the red crabs(clangs maby?) But think about this. Since Critical throw is passive it DOESN'T always work. It is 50% chance of working but for it to work on both of the throws is even lower then that. Probly 30% - 40%. So when you take the 1 hour of time. We will do more damage. Its logical. Our skill is active. So in other words it does the damage 100% of the time while assasins is only 50% per throw which is 30-40% like i said before. In all they usally come out about even. The meso explosion is only for bosses like Balrogs and stuff. Anything will help with the Zakum so we do meso explosion until we kill what we can, then we use our Skill called thieves and let them attack it while we do Savage Blow. This is so much damage.... :P

Don't take my avatar serious.

SINZZ OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    well for u bandits i think bandits r stronger no matter the numbers but the ranged is worth the lower dmg and bandits r better than sinz only in cramped places were sins can only punch

proudly sin:EvilMunkee lvl 4x

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by 4got2post
    Sigh, after bandits get all their kick ass skills, blah blah blah, they pwn all classes xD. Please note: assasin's Lucky 7's critical does not always do critical, while bandit's savage blow is always stable, due to thier incredible mastery, so in the end, savage blow out do damage than assasins, just like what Turtle said on my old post xD, but I can't seem to find my old post.

lmao
    wooooot
    Bandits RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    even my lvl 27 bandit can pwn a lvl 27 sin :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by ilbos
    even my lvl 27 bandit can pwn a lvl 27 sin :mrgreen:
    no way............. :roll:
    before level 19 mastery and 6 hit salvage blow, there is no way a bandit can outdamage sin :roll: