View Poll Results: Which is better?

Voters
1136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Assassins, woot range rocks :)

503 44.28%
  • Bandits, savage blow rules :)

633 55.72%
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Are Bandits REALLY better than assassins in the 2nd job?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNightz View Post
    Oh yeah, bandits totally own assassins damage wise! Wow like I have godly gear compared to my friend (he has relatively weak gear, just to let you know. Thus in comparison my gear is godly), yet he outdoes me in mushmom every time? BUT BUT I THOUGHT BANDITS ARE STRONGER?!
    Bandits are stronger. Sin attack is based mainly on what they FM or get from drops since NPCs don't sell much of their gear, Bandits actually get normal items from stores. That means they pretty much rely on raw damage, while Bandits can get great gear and have the same stats, and probably do better. Also, seriously, you can fight for HOURS on something like Voodoo (especially if you have a cleric with you), while the Assassin has to "go recharge."

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Again, I'm not sure why this thread is still stickied.
    The damage formula of Luky 7 has been proven to be stronger than the bandit's SB formula alone. Luky 7's mastery is based on Luk, and it is extremely easy for low lvl sins to stay dexless. Because L7 does not require mastery, it stays more consistant. Savage Blow requires 55 points to be effective (30 points in SB, 19 Mastery, 6 booster). A sin requires only max crit and 6 booster to be effective. This means a sin will only need 36 points instead of 55 to be effective.

This argument is quite old and outdated. Assuming equal funding, the dexless sin will almost always outdamage a dexless/str/regdex Dit until late 2nd job.

Spoiler!

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Again, I'm not sure why this thread is still stickied.
    The damage formula of Luky 7 has been proven to be stronger than the bandit's SB formula alone. Luky 7's mastery is based on Luk, and it is extremely easy for low lvl sins to stay dexless. Because L7 does not require mastery, it stays more consistant. Savage Blow requires 55 points to be effective (30 points in SB, 19 Mastery, 6 booster). A sin requires only max crit and 6 booster to be effective. This means a sin will only need 36 points instead of 55 to be effective.

This argument is quite old and outdated. Assuming equal funding, the dexless sin will almost always outdamage a dexless/str/regdex Dit until late 2nd job.
    Hey now, you need to add in the points for L7 into that. Sins require 56 points to be effective. >=D