View Poll Results: Max heal all at once or gradually?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gradually

5 16.67%
  • All at once

25 83.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max heal all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNightz
    Quote Originally Posted by Illumination
    Well.. I say gradually, especially if you're soloing most of the time.

I solo most of the time.. so when I had level 5 heal, it was good enough. 50% recovery rate, that means about half of your Max HP doesn't it? -12 MP to heal about 240HP, so it was good, good enough.

My stats at level 34 right now are:
    1 MP Eater
    6 Heal
    5 Invincible
    1 Teleport

I've spread them out and I like it that way. I find Heal and Invincible a really good combination.. Invincible needs to be levelled more though to extend the duration of effect.
    Assuming heal was ONLY to recover HP, then that would work. But the point of heal is to kill undead monsters, six at a time. It is also required to heal your party members. Level five heal will take ages to recover a fighters HP to full.

And like I said, holy arrow is not an option. It sucks, even if you go 'solo' cleric. 'Solo' clerics just use heal to rape undead monsters, holy arrow is just flashy and sucks anyway.

1. Magic claw does more damage than it.
    2. Shining ray on level one does more damage than a maxed holy arrow.
    Haha to be honest, I've ONLY used heal to heal, and not to damage.. but that's cause I don't actually know how much damage it would do. (Btw.. are Evil/Curse/Cold Eyes undead?)
    How much damage does maxed Heal do to undead? Lets say for example.. zombie mushroom? True about level five heal taking ages to recover fighter's HP, but why would the time matter if it's probably no more than 20 seconds longer?

Huh? I never mentioned Holy arrow.. I don't really plan on using that.. I'm even considering using the Holy Arrow points on Energy Bolt.

1. Yea I read that somehwere..
    2. Same as above
    Level 35 Cleric: Bera
    Level 26 Thief: Bera
    Level 23 Mage: Bera

Mushmom

I solo most of the time.. so when I had level 5 heal, it was good enough. 50% recovery rate, that means about half of your Max HP doesn't it? -12 MP to heal about 240HP, so it was good, good enough.

1 MP Eater
    6 Heal
    5 Invincible
    1 Teleport

I've spread them out and I like it that way. I find Heal and Invincible a really good combination.. Invincible needs to be levelled more though to extend the duration of effect.
    Assuming heal was ONLY to recover HP, then that would work. But the point of heal is to kill undead monsters, six at a time. It is also required to heal your party members. Level five heal will take ages to recover a fighters HP to full.

And like I said, holy arrow is not an option. It sucks, even if you go 'solo' cleric. 'Solo' clerics just use heal to rape undead monsters, holy arrow is just flashy and sucks anyway.

Haha to be honest, I've ONLY used heal to heal, and not to damage.. but that's cause I don't actually know how much damage it would do. (Btw.. are Evil/Curse/Cold Eyes undead?)
    How much damage does maxed Heal do to undead? Lets say for example.. zombie mushroom? True about level five heal taking ages to recover fighter's HP, but why would the time matter if it's probably no more than 20 seconds longer?

Huh? I never mentioned Holy arrow.. I don't really plan on using that.. I'm even considering using the Holy Arrow points on Energy Bolt.

2. Same as above
    You aren't even level forty yet. Once you have maxed heal, you won't be fighting curse eye, evil or cold eye. Every cleric moves to zombie lupins. This is one of the fastest methods of leveling in the game. Heal+MP eater=fast leveling, no pot consumption. My cleric is level sixty-two, it can deal around one thousand five hundred on a single target, which is pretty much what holy arrow can do on an undead monster.

That leads down to why holy arrow sucks. The monsters you train on can all be hit by heal. You might argue that holy arrow is better for soloing, but if heal does the same damage and heals you at the same time, what's better? :roll:

Why does it matter if it takes no more than twenty seconds? Because later on you don't have twenty seconds. High level monsters deal amazingly high amounts of damage and you need to get them to maximum health in one go.

And Illumination, I'm sorry. Regarding holy arrow, I was talking about the people who posted before you.

Bera: Excruciation

argh grrrr rawr hiss.

i know bluenightz has said it, but i am as agitated as he is.
    Holy Arrow is NOT a priority.
    Your priority should be heal, mp eater, and invincible. for the ppl maxing bless, at higher lvls its close to useless, as the skill uses fixed number, not percents. bless should be a skill to put points in last, when there are no other options.

Heal also lets you train much faster. you can mob kill easily, and each time you hit an enemy, you also heal yourself. added on with mp eater, that means no pots, and uber fast exp. And since nearly all the enemies a cleric trains on are undead, holy arrow is rendered useless. Yes, a cleric will train on zombie mushies, zombie lupins, coolie zombies, minor zombie, etc etc.
    My active Igns:
    Scania

Kappi (Level 38!!! ice/lite mage)
    Schnatze (lvl 23 warrior)
    Raneef (lvl 27 rogue)

Broa

MeowNothing (lvl 21 bowman)

Join the Alliance. (Scania/Bera Guild)

1 MP Eater
    6 Heal
    5 Invincible
    1 Teleport

2. Same as above
    You aren't even level forty yet. Once you have maxed heal, you won't be fighting curse eye, evil or cold eye. Every cleric moves to zombie lupins. This is one of the fastest methods of leveling in the game. Heal+MP eater=fast leveling, no pot consumption. My cleric is level sixty-two, it can deal around one thousand five hundred on a single target, which is pretty much what holy arrow can do on an undead monster.

That leads down to why holy arrow sucks. The monsters you train on can all be hit by heal. You might argue that holy arrow is better for soloing, but if heal does the same damage and heals you at the same time, what's better? :roll:

Why does it matter if it takes no more than twenty seconds? Because later on you don't have twenty seconds. High level monsters deal amazingly high amounts of damage and you need to get them to maximum health in one go.

And Illumination, I'm sorry. Regarding holy arrow, I was talking about the people who posted before you.
    One thousand man that is quite a lot... alright, heal max is great damage. Cool. Can you Eat MP while using Heal to attack?

Nah never thought Holy arrow was good myself, so I wouldn't say it's better for soloing either.

Hmm yea alright.

No problem.

Only thing is.. I'm thinking of remaking my Cleric. He's my first character, and the mistakes I've made so far are:
    1. Becoming a mage at level 10 -_- Hence 6 SP "missing"
    2. Having 9 STR and 7 DEX (rolled, none added, but still no good)
    3. Wasting too much money on unnecessary items (but I can't change that..)

At the time, I had a friend "helping" me.. but she actually told me I could still become a mage after telling her my stats and my level. Now I realise what a big mistake it was.

At level 34 I feel like I've spent quite a while levelling him up, even though I know it's probably nothing compared to others who are 40+. I'll probably need to spend at least 2 weeks levelling him to 30, and I've got exams and tests around this time leaving me less play time.

Mushmom

One thousand at level sixty...? Sucks hard. My bandit at level fifty can hit more. And yes, MP eater works with heal. What makes it so you don't need pots is the fact it works on all six hits. That means for twenty-four MP, you get SIX chances to take MP. I think it was around 30% chance, so 30*6=180%. That's pretty much a minimum of two successful steals in one hit.

You've just made me realise what a great combination Heal + MP eater makes!

Mushmom

Glad to have been of service.