View Poll Results: Should the layer return the item back to the owner?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think they should return the item

4 12.12%
  • No, I don't think they should return the item

29 87.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Deadly" Droppings

Default "Deadly" Droppings

Why do players drop items? Do they do it for fun? Are they doing it just to show off? More importantly, do they know what they're risking when they drop their items? Apparently not. When players carelessly drop their items for whatever purpose with the intent of catching it first themselves...and when they don't get their items back...whose fault is that? The player who dropped the item or the other player who caught the item. Obviously the player who dropped the item in the first place. Do you think the player who caught the item should return it back to the owner or keep it for her/himself? I personally think they should keep the item.

No, also fix your first sentence. If the person accidentally dropped one, and someone nabs it they HAVE to give it back. However if there is someone just continuously dropping stuff for attention just steal it and run! I have accidentally dropped something -.-. I have a laptop and I accidentally touched the keypad and those 2 little buttons. Good thing I only lost a pair of leather sandals.
    Assassin - GreatAvenger.

Cleric - level 33. Inactive.

Guild: IceWolf.

Rawr.

I don't understand how someone could 'accidently' drop an item. Thats a bull**** excuse. I mean first off you have to open your item box because no one leaves that constantly open. Then you have to click on the item of choosing and drag it off your item box. Why would you open then proceed to click something in your item box and then move it? I mean if you were trying to put it on why would you move your mouse? The only viable excuse i could accept is they were trying to organize their items but that totally pointless as the positions where your items are shouldn't make a difference and the fact that because the item box is so small you shouldn't be dragging quickly anyways. Its even more so if you drop mesos or items because you have to confirm the amount of them your going to drop.

So anything thats drop is totally the possesion of whoever picks it up.

Sure you can be nice if you want to but people usually scream 'OMF WTF U BUTT! GIB ME MY ITAM ASS' within a second of anyone getting it and personally I don't think they deserve the item if they can't even ask for it back like a normal human being.

Spoiler!

So if I'm in the street, and I drop a 10 dollar bill, accidentally or not, it's alright for someone to take it and keep it?

I guess not.

Reread my post, I'M ON A LAPTOP, smart one. You know how a laptop is set up? There is a small area with a large pad and 2 smaller buttons under it. The large pad is used by your fingers to move your mouse around, and the smaller buttons are left and right click.

Sometimes, when I'm typing a little bit faster, my fingers accidentally press the touchpad and left button. This isn't bull****. You CAN accidentally drop something. Say for example I'm in the sauna and ch. 1 looking for a trade or something. I trade someone they put up an item, I put up mesos. They trade goes well and I check my item window to see if everything's alright, therefore having it open. I usually always have it open after a trade, its just my policy. I hope this is what your talking about, as I'm only guessing as to what your trying to say.
    Assassin - GreatAvenger.

Cleric - level 33. Inactive.

Guild: IceWolf.

Rawr.

Well, I'm kinda goin' both ways here...

Yes- It would be an extremely nice gesture to return a dropped item to its owner, and I'm sure the owner would greatly appreciate it.
    No- It's the owner's fault he/she dropped it. Like was previously said, it couldn't have been an accident to drop something.

Thus, I will not vote.
    ...forums confuse me...

Level 46 Ice/Lightning Wizard. Or, as Wizet calls it, 'Lightening'.
    FTR: I am a guy. Pay no heed to the gender of the character in the sig. Fools. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Htiek
    Well, I'm kinda goin' both ways here...

Yes- It would be an extremely nice gesture to return a dropped item to its owner, and I'm sure the owner would greatly appreciate it.
    No- It's the owner's fault he/she dropped it. Like was previously said, it couldn't have been an accident to drop something.

Thus, I will not vote.
    I totally agree. But you can accidentally drop something, like Antifate said. Though it'd be nice to think that people would give things back, even if it is the owners fault, aslong as they're polite of course.
    Phleur ~ 74 ~ Cleric || Scania || Bathocyroe ~ 4x ~ Blaze Wiz ||

MapleLegends -> Teox

I think the person's attitude would make me consider giving an item back. If the person who dropped an item was nice to me and kindly asked for it back in actual english (NOT "cn u plz plz plx plz rtrn dat 2 mi??///" or even "pls give it back") I would probably give it back.

If the dropper was being a jerk ("GIV BAK OR I MASS DEFAME") then I'll refuse and not play Maple Story for a while.

Greed would also tempt me not to give an item back. It would be harder to part with an above average Thorns than a Club.
    I no longer trust Wizet. I no longer play Maple Story. No one may have my accounts. Goodbye and happy Mapling, Maplers.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER TO READ LISCENCING AGREEMENTS BEFORE AGREEING TO THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by LeefLiaz
    I think the person's attitude would make me consider giving an item back. If the person who dropped an item was nice to me and kindly asked for it back in actual english (NOT "cn u plz plz plx plz rtrn dat 2 mi??///" or even "pls give it back") I would probably give it back.

If the dropper was being a jerk ("GIV BAK OR I MASS DEFAME") then I'll refuse and not play Maple Story for a while.

Greed would also tempt me not to give an item back. It would be harder to part with an above average Thorns than a Club.
    lol, an above average Thorns? I don't think anyone would give that back, rofl. :twisted:

What i would do is grab it, then see how he reacts to it etc. If i think he is a nice person, or just accidentally dropped it I would give it bak. But if he is rude and screaming like...
    "OMFG! DUDE GIVE THAT BAK!!!" stuff like that I probably wouldnt because he doesnt deserve it.
    If he doesnt really say anything Ill keep it for a WHILE then prolly give it back to him just to teach him a lesson etc.

Everyone loves me so~