12 46.15%
  • Cleric

12 46.15%
  • Poison

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Types of Mages

Default Types of Mages

Ive been pondering bout making a mage...so i cant really decide...i want to be poison but im scared it might be too weak...so im at a cross roads......cleric,poison, or lightning...so can you guys help me choose?
    (Scania)

Fraxian - 8x Hermit - Retired Pot Mule
    IndividuaI - 5x Page - Retired Mule
    NameDoesntFi - 12x Buccaneer - Active (YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWW)

Most people do not like poison, because it takes too long to kill monsters with.

Fire mages have the most raw attack power, but only a few monsters are weak against it (a lot of the high level monsters in ossyria are, and ligators)

Ice/lightning mages are desirable for their ability to either freeze monsters or hit 6 enemies at once, depending on which one you get first. Plus, steelies. The awesomest money making item in the game is yours to get if you become an ice mage.

Clerics are really good, also. But ONLY if you have some good friends to party with. I didn't enjoy playing a cleric when I was in beta unless I was in a party with my friends.

There are many finer aspects but I'm too lazy to talk about them. I wouldn't go poison, however.

Scania-- Saric 69

I went with lightning, myself, and it worked out great for me. But it's your choice, after all.
    ...forums confuse me...

Level 46 Ice/Lightning Wizard. Or, as Wizet calls it, 'Lightening'.
    FTR: I am a guy. Pay no heed to the gender of the character in the sig. Fools. -_-

well, im a cleric and from my experience... its been okay. You dont need a party to have fun. >=| im having a great time spamming heal and getting drops.. i got soo damm many i was there from lvl38 - now 44 and i gatherd alot of stuff including over 20 black naps.. lol !!

And i tried lighting (lit) mage and its SLOW at the beggining and i quit while i was ahead. it got to lvl 33 in beta and that was the end for him.

As for poison... im sorry to say but NO ONE goes poison or at least no one anyways.. if you like poison id tell ya to go Fire mage and own some pepes and grupins when ur like lvl 35. and then when u make it to 70 THEN you can get poison mist... it atks multiple monsters and its not too bad ;D

So i hope that helps... seriously though... if you like the poison go fire THEN poison.

Ok i think i've decided now...i want to be a cleric because when he's lvl 35..he can probably fund my lvl 38 sin XD....also i like to heal for exp and just give free heals :D
    (Scania)

Fraxian - 8x Hermit - Retired Pot Mule
    IndividuaI - 5x Page - Retired Mule
    NameDoesntFi - 12x Buccaneer - Active (YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWW)

Mushmom

Clerics will bore you out of your socks, trust me. Sure, it seems great at level forty, but once you hit sixty, you're going to fall asleep training it.

Fire mage does obsolete damage later on, as does ice mage. However, as previously mentioned, ice can FREEZE, giving them a huge advantage almost no one has.

Bera: Excruciation

Slime

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNightz
    Clerics will bore you out of your socks, trust me. Sure, it seems great at level forty, but once you hit sixty, you're going to fall asleep training it.
    It may be boring at times, but that's what partying is for. Clerics also level faster than most classes, especially at zombies.

If you want things to be more exciting, you could max Holy Arrow to train on dark monsters, (such as Dark Yetis, Dark Stone Gollems, Maladies, etc.) giving you more variety.

i think fire is pretty good, bcause when ur lvl34, i can do up 2 850dmg on jrpepe :shock: but clerics r fun...iwish i wwent cleric :cry:
    stop looking at my siggy \ _ /
    lvl4x f/p mage
    lvl2x to be sin
    lvl1x to be str steal dit
    all on scania
    SaveTheBloctopi!

since were on the topic, since cleric doesn't seem very good since i have no one to party with, so cleric should be out of the topic

between fire and ice/lightning which one should i choose?

(fyi my first choice was a cleric because i love healing people and stuff) :D

World:Canada Computer: Maple Story I go back and forth

Clerics are the easiest to train until level 50. That is when you have to either train at b3 where the big Wraiths are or level really slow at zombie lupins. At level 60 i think it is really easy though. it is just the levels between 50-60 that i think is really hard (most well maybe ALL classes have the hardest time during 40-50 which aint that bad considering 50-60 needs WAY more EXP). At level 60 you can fight coolies/minors. i hear coolies are full and why would it? it drops cromis, white and dark seraphis. it hast he best drops. minors give the same exp just not so good drops. it really what you want to do: Get good money from good drops or get fast exp from a not busy place full of ksings.

Fire mages i heard are not that good because the only thing they are good for is power. But their power is not enough to beat all the classes. They think they are tough but get pwned by all the classes.

Ice/Light mages i think are pretty fun too. ice freezes liek everyone keeps saying. Lightning can help you get drops and exp fast if you want that. it drains mp though. mp eater is a partner skill for this. ice is almost as strong as fire and has the freezing effect which is really cool.

k this is long sry for this long explanation. this is just stuff i gathered and from person experience (especialy the cleric i mean it feels like i can never get pass 52 i dont know how the level 70 clerics did it)
    Scania
    Erodger 4x Cleric