View Poll Results: Are you putting points in Final Attack? (Spearman Only!)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 54.29%
  • No

9 25.71%
  • Don't Know Yet

7 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Final Attack Really Necessary for Spearman?

Default Is Final Attack Really Necessary for Spearman?

I'm a level 34 Spearman and plannin to max both spear & polearm mastery. Reason for that is because I feel that polearms are much better than spears since you swing more often than stabbing. However if I ever get to level 70, I want to be able to use my dragon fury using the spear. So if anyone has experience with Final Attack, please feel free to share the pros/cons. Thanks!

South of WI, East of IA, West of IN, N of KY

So are you just going to advance the spear version of Dragon Fury and not the pole arm one?

My warrior is going to be a spearman (using only pole arms), then again I'm not a heavy skill user so Final Attack will be greatly beneficial to me.

I haven't seen pictures of Dragon Fury in use, but the description would suggest that pole arms would be better "Attack multiple enemies by swinging the pole arm."

EDIT (coded original for effect):
    Code:
    Also, do you know if Dragon Fury and Sacrifice stack?  I think 875% damage would be great. :twisted:
    Bera
    FireSkeeve - Fire Wiz lvl 30 (Active)
    IceSkeeve - Dormant
    IWantStars - Dormant
    Broa
    KashKow - Dormant
    HolySkeeve - Dormant
    BowSkeeve - Dormant

Hybrid is the path to mediocrity, only with focus can you achieve your true potential.

Beginner

I'm a Lv41 Spearman and I use spears. The average attack is usually lower because I swing more often than I stab so Final Attack: Spear is a blessing. It's only Lv15 but it helps me train faster by increasing my odds of landing OHKs. Plus, I save on MP potions.

BTW, Sacrifice is an attack skill just like Power Strike or Spear Buster. It can't stack with Dragon Thresher.
    OMS Characters:
    Scania
    -Eternium: Lv44 Spearman (Primary Character)
    -PhoenixBlitz: Lv41 Fire/Poison Wizard
    -AltoHalcyon: Lv34 Rogue (Assasin-Mule)
    Bera
    -DarkZohar: Lv20 Rogue (Bandit)

FA is more of a pots and time saver. If u can endure the slow killing spree and burning pots, u will be doing fine w/o FA.
    I got FA maxed and this helps me alot in killing stuff. At higher lvl u wont be able to one-hit anything anymore even if u got FA. Thus FA help saving alot of MP pots.
    If ur unsure then do Iron Will 3, maxing HB first. After that u have reached the lvls that FA begin to be useful and decide if u really want it or not.
    =Temporarily quitted=
    ----BERA----
    Uberon - 9x 1.5 build Hybrid-Dragon Knight
    Zeenaa - 4x Femme-Axe-Fighter
    ==The Destinies mend rifts in time as Man etches fate anew==

FA would help you lvl up faster and would save you pots but after lvl 70 it will be useless and might even screw you up. So, I'm not going to put any points into FA. Remember that if you equip a spear, you'll swing more and if you equip a pole arm, you'll be stabbing more.

Go for FA. Faster lvling.

It's nice t osee your final attack doin more damage than your first...

Aslo, alot of enemies go down powerstrike and final attack rather than always havin to rely on 2 seperat swings

My mum thinks I'm cool

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroboi666
    FA would help you lvl up faster and would save you pots but after lvl 70 it will be useless and might even screw you up.
    Huh? How will it screw you up and be useless? If your talking about it triggering with 3rd job skills, it doesnt. Besides, FA is an essential skill for all warriors, fighter, page, spearman, hybrid spearman. Go fa-less and see how you can survive training when you waste mp pots faster and train slower. If ur funded by another character and have extreme patience, by all means try it.

Sometimes ppl misidentify hybrid as going with both masteries as soon as possible, skipping final attack or laying it off until later on. Most of the time thats not the case. Both masteries arent needed until the third job advancement, so you can master one of the masteries later on, after you have done final attack and hyper body.

Ex of a hybrid spearman build, that would appeal to the polearm user, which (im assuming) you are:
    19 polearm mastery,
    6 polearm booster (optional if you can endure the slowness of polearms),
    30 final attack (max),
    3 Iron Will (to unlock Hyper Body),
    30 HB (max),
    then comes in the other mastery.
    19 spear mastery,
    9 spear booster or 3 polearm booster,
    3polearm booster or 9 spear booster.

Total points used from lvls30-70 =119/120.

This build will force you to skip Iron Will, and will force you do stop mastery at lvl19 unless you plan on only putting 6 points into each of the boosters. The reason why you skip final attack for the other weapon that was mastered later on is because Final Attack is not triggered with the third job skills.

Dont take this build too seriously though, you can still tweak your own build to your own liking.
    Ign..tsunamistar.scania

Nitroboi666 u missed 1 extra point for sp.The total is 121 not 120.We will get extra 1 point for 2nd adv job(if i am not mistaken).In my opinion for hybrid it will be

Hybrid(FA)
    20 polearm mastery(max)
    6 polearm booster
    30 polearm FA(max)
    3 iron wall
    30 HB(max)
    20 spear mastery(max)
    12 spear booster
    total point =121

Hybrid(FA-less)
    20 polearm mastery(max)
    20 polearm booster(max)
    3 iron wall
    30 HB(max)
    20 spear mastery(max)
    20 spear booster(max)
    extra 8 points(optional)i suggest u add on hp recovery
    total point=121

note:Although lvl20 mastery won't add addition att but add acc by 1.You need 2 dex to up 1 accuracy(1 dex=0.8 accuracy)Therefore it is important to max mastery.

Beginner

Lol holy crap I forgot about the advancement point XD, well that throws me off abit now lolz; also, since fa doesnt work with the 3rd job skills, does that mean booster wont either? I have no idea abt booster affecting the skills, cause I hear some ppl saying "omg some of the DK skills are slow as hell"....Not sure but they might be talking about either the casting time or the weapon speed of the weapon when the skill is triggered >_<
    Ign..tsunamistar.scania