View Poll Results: What should I do between me and Jesua?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fight him until he dies.

8 27.59%
  • Chant(at home) until he stops.

0 0%
  • Send in blackmail, such as spam, weird emails, and links to bad sites.

5 17.24%
  • Erase anything inappropriate including the Jesus fish sign off the board.

3 10.34%
  • Use a tank to bust his home.

2 6.90%
  • Take over the whole world.

11 37.93%
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Debate of Most Things (Don't count towards post count)

Default Debate of Most Things (Don't count towards post count)

I actually have real life problems. Some affect me indirectly and some affect me directly.

For example(direct): A person named Leonardo has been trying to steal my stuff. He's not nice either. I've been trying to tell him to stop but he wouldn't listen. :?

Another example(Indirect): The Canadien police have secured many airports, therefore, my parents need to get passports. :(
    Now there are other serious problems.

Some that affect my status, some that affect my ability, some that affect my vitality. There are LOTS. :(

My main problem right now is a religous problem between me and a classmate named Jesua Mata(or nicknamed Jesus). I am basically a Daishonin Buddhist. Right now, in the 8th grade, during Geometry class, Jesua, or a Christian, accuses me of not being Christian. How fun is that? None. I can't tolerate this...

Help please. The western countries also try to CONVERT the eastern countries that include China and South Korea. I don't want the world to become ENGULFED by a world by Christians. :shock:

Hey!! Im christian(I was forced to be by my unloving dad)
    TroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTr oollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroo llllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTrooll llTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollll TroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTr oollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroo llllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTrooll llTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollll Troollll

oh and kill that guy with a ice sicle. it is very sharp and you wont get caught becuase your fingerprint will melt with the ice
    TroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTr oollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroo llllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTrooll llTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollll TroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTr oollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroo llllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTrooll llTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollll Troollll

Default Re: My Real Life Problems T_T

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlueBandit
    My main problem right now is a religous problem between me and a classmate named Jesua Mata(or nicknamed Jesus). I am basically a Daishonin Buddhist. Right now, in the 8th grade, during Geometry class, Jesua, or a Christian, accuses me of not being Christian. How fun is that? None. I can't tolerate this...
    Everyone, at one time or another, has come across this delima. You're a Daishonin Buddhist.

Think about what that means. Think about how you're supposed to act based upon the religion you follow.

If you're a Buddhist, then I believe you should carry a "live and let live" mentality. So what if he's a christian? Let him be one. It's his life.

As for him trying to convert everyone else...well, let's apply the same thing we just did to you, but to him.

He's a Christian.

From what I understand, Christians believe strongly in doing what is right (or at least, what they think is right) in order to not only live a good life, but get into heaven.

If a young child is taught these principles, they are going to simplify them and say "if you're good, you go to heaven, and if you're bad, you go to hell".

That wouldn't be a bad thing if they weren't taught that non-Christians would automatically go to hell just for not believing things a certain way. That is to say, by being a Christian, you may enter heaven.

A child simplifies this and now thinks "People who aren't Christians go to hell, while people are will go to Heaven."

To counter-act this, Christians are taught to "save" anyone else they can by converting them to Christianity. This is meant to be an act of good faith, and also a testament to one's beliefs.

The child once again simplifies and thinks "Everyone should be Christian and believe these things because it's right, and they will go to hell if they don't."

Take your time and read over that again if you have to. Trust me, though, it makes sense.

Now that I've explained those things to you, let's apply this to your situation.

Jesua is a child who has been taught to believe the Christian way. Because you believe differently, he thinks that you're going to hell.

If you remember what I've said up until this point, look at it backwards.

When a Christian child thinks "Good=Heaven, Bad=Hell", he really means "In order live a better life, I need to follow the Bible's teachings so that I may be a better person."

When a Christian child thinks "People who do not believe go to hell, while those who do go to Heaven", he means "Those who do not take to the Bible's teachings may not lead a very good and fulfilling life, and may end up in hell."

So now, we come to your situation.

A Christian child has tried to convert you. Maybe not in the best of ways, but he still tries to convert you. What he's really trying to do is help you, and to him, helping you is getting you to believe what he does so that you'll go to heaven and won't be stuck in hell.

At the core, Christians are trying to do good, even if they don't understand themselves.

As a Buddhist, it's up to you to say "Look, I understand that you care for my soul's well-being, but I have my own outlook on things. I'm not saying that one of us is right and one of us is wrong, but we're different, and we just have to accept that."

I hope you understand what I've said, and that I've tried to break it down for you to see between the lines. It's hard to understand others in life, but if you take the time to look, you'll be able to see anything clearly. :D

ezpzlmnsqz ;o

I can relate. Being an Athiest in a Christian filled school is not um..comfortable. But unlike you, I don't hold any spiritual beliefs, so converting me is next to impossible, and I welcome people to try to convert me, just because of how amusing they sound.

"We do stuff this 2,000 year old book tells us to"

"Really now? Where do I sign."

Crimson Balrog

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlueBandit
    I actually have real life problems. Some affect me indirectly and some affect me directly.

For example(direct): A person named Leonardo has been trying to steal my stuff. He's not nice either. I've been trying to tell him to stop but he wouldn't listen. :?

Another example(Indirect): The Canadien police have secured many airports, therefore, my parents need to get passports. :(
    Now there are other serious problems.

Some that affect my status, some that affect my ability, some that affect my vitality. There are LOTS. :(

Help please. The western countries also try to CONVERT the eastern countries that include China and South Korea. I don't want the world to become ENGULFED by a world by Christians. :shock:
    Heathen. Thou art not Christian, thou shalt be damned. NOW DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND REPEAT!

Christianity is a popular religion, so is Buddhism.
    By the way, isnt religion supposed to comfort people? Seems to me you're being scared shi'tless on what you are being forced into.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliy Zietsev
    "We do stuff this 2,000 year old book tells us to"

"Really now? Where do I sign."
    Don't forget, 'We follow the laws made by a 2000-year-dead carpenter.'

'Oh boy!'

And to answer Red, really, who cares about religion. Unless he's getting in your face and knocking you around about being budddist and whatnot, ignore him. Can't ignore him, report him. I don't understad why people don't just go and report jackholes like this. Are you afraid to tell others? You're more afraid to tell the school counselors someone is harassing you than you are afraid of this guy who might actually hurt you for 'not being christian'? Makes no sense does it...
    ~DarkTwilight~

Quote Originally Posted by Parallax
    Can't ignore him, report him. I don't understad why people don't just go and report jackholes like this. Are you afraid to tell others? You're more afraid to tell the school counselors someone is harassing you than you are afraid of this guy who might actually hurt you for 'not being christian'? Makes no sense does it...
    Perhaps you do not understand why people don't just go and report jackholes like that because you don't understand that simply reporting someone will solve the problem. Say this kid turns out to be the bad kind and he's told on. He's talked to by the Principal, his teacher, and his parents. What if that pisses the kid off? He might beat the crap out of poor old Red, then.

The point is, the systems that are in place don't always work the way you intend them to, because it all depends on everyone following the system. That's like saying "Hey, why don't they report criminals for doing bad things? If they go to jail and get punished, then they'll stop!"

You know that doesn't work all the time. It's better just to try to accept that people are going to be different, whether it's with religion or action. Just make sure you don't let him push you around, either. Find the balance of words and actions, and you'll be okay. :D

ezpzlmnsqz ;o

Heathen. Thou art not Christian, thou shalt be damned. NOW DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND REPEAT!

i know this is a typo, but i couldn't help laughing... sorry

What if you don't believe in any God, or religious stuff?
    for me, its seeing and believing. :)

レフ~ Ref~