• No

1 11.11%
  • Yes

5 55.56%
  • Summer Vacation!

3 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warm Weather

i would actually say that europeans didnt know until around the late 1700s.
    point is that it killed people.

the great bubonic plague took place after 1300 if i am correct...that killed a lotta people. go look it up, if you want; im not sure...but if you do, be ready to be disgusted.

This fat kid in my school started shedding skin flakes when its hot,so nasty when he just run past you

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Proud leader of UnderMyWings. Under my Dispel's wings.

I never had any problem with the seasons until I moved to the south. Now I have allergies that I never used to have. x___x;;

But I like Fall the most across the board.

ezpzlmnsqz ;o

Crimson Balrog

Quote Originally Posted by Parallax
    Yeah but it was back in the old days...when people didnt know what viruses and bacteria were.
    xD
    Back in teh old days
    =============
    -Sars
    -Avian Flu
    -TB
    -Flu
    -YF
    -Malaria
    -and much much more =O, and these are common ones.

Im allergic to cats. My favorite season is winter. It reminds me of a memory i hold dear. Then Summer. it reminds me of when i first started maple :P

Winter = Snowmen, snow fights, snow forts, etc. :P

South of WI, East of IA, West of IN, N of KY

Default Re: Warm Weather

Quote Originally Posted by aleckykay
    i agree with you that summer is bad because of all the allergies it can cause. but at the same time, (well for me), because the allergies are not so major, i dont have to take medicine (except for the occasional otc claritin), which during the long run can create supergerms and other bacteria created by allergens that grow immune to medicine.

so i guess my answer is that you should take it only if you fall to an illness of the sort and not abuse it everytime your nose feels funny.
    First of all, Claritin is an antihistamine (which is a form of immuno-suppresant). It does not attack the cause of the problem, but rather the natural processes that create the symptoms. Resistant strains of bacteria are caused by improper usage of antibiotics, not antihistamines.

Second, allergens are not bacteria and do not create bacteria. Allergies are your immune system's hyper-sensitivites to various substances (collectively known as allergens). Allergies can be treated in one of two ways:

1) You can use Rx or OTC medicines containing antihistamines and/or decongestants

2) You can elect to have immunotherapy (allergy shots) that increase your body's tolerance to allergens. Just as if you are allergic to dogs or cats and you live with them long enough, your body will likely become tolerant of the presence of animal dander.

If your allergies are bad enough, you can progress to catching an actual illness (due to your body fighting the allergens rather than the illness)
    Bera
    FireSkeeve - Fire Wiz lvl 30 (Active)
    IceSkeeve - Dormant
    IWantStars - Dormant
    Broa
    KashKow - Dormant
    HolySkeeve - Dormant
    BowSkeeve - Dormant

Hybrid is the path to mediocrity, only with focus can you achieve your true potential.

Slime

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMehKissMeh
    This fat kid in my school started shedding skin flakes when its hot,so nasty when he just run past you
    Ok... :shock: Well, summer is fun for me. I hate winter even though my b-day is in december (and Christmas) :P