View Poll Results: one hand or two hand sword?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • one hand, more flexible and faster, plus the extra def from shield

2 16.67%
  • two hand, more damage and looks cooler

10 83.33%

Thread: last 5 sp

Mushmom

Default last 5 sp

currently i am lvl 29 warrior and i hav:
    maxed hp increase
    maxed power strike
    maxed slash blast
    5 in hp recovery
    and 1 in endure. i hav 2 sp leftover and 3 when i turn lvl 30. where should i invest it in? i hav a couple of ideas
    2 into endure then 3 in iron body
    2 into endure then 1 in iron body and 2 into hp recovery
    5 into hp recovery. im gonna be a fighter so i was thinkin about getting iron body so it can cancel out with rage but ppl have told me its bad. and usually i stand around and heal and not use that many pots.
    visit me in Korea.

if you stand and just heal a lot then add the rest into HP recover.
    i don't think adding iron body to counter the effect of fury is a bad idea.
    HP recovery is not important and so is iron body.
    you won't get screwed over by choosing either one.

i think iron body and any skills like that are a bit of a waste when not maxed...

I say go max hp recovery or endure, cos theres times when you'll go AFK to make a coffee or suttin and it'd nice to have most your hp back, plus it helps in ossryia that you make more hp than you lose from the cold when AFK

My mum thinks I'm cool

Put some SP into iron body just to cancel out the effect of Rage. Many people argue against this point since 10 def doesnt do a lot to a fighter (when you have 2k+ hp when your around level 36-ish) so most ppl leave it out. I think iron body is a better alternative then the others.
    ~Hershey's make thousands of kisses each day...all im asking for is one from you~
    Ign : SirSharkZ
    Server : Khaini
    Lv : 34
    Job : Two-Handed Sword Fighter
    [The Original Maple Shark!]
    !~Peace~!

About you poll...you want opinions on 1H or 2H also? or just SP?

2.5wdef translate into 1 less damage taken. So shields would suck later on anyways. Plus you have PG which is a lot better. So I suggest 2H. But if think shield is cooler than 2H then go shield. Though eventually probably around lvl 60-70, your gonna notice that the dmg you get with shield and w/o is more or less the same. Plus you deal way more dmg with 2H.

After you get:
    5 HP Recover
    10 MAX HP
    20 PS
    20 SB

You have 6 SP left over. Basically you can do w/e you want. It wont make a difference later on.

recover and endure
    Later on you wont use because it'll take 15mins to heal completely. But useful (not really, just a teeny bit) when your afk or brb.

iron body(need 3 in endure to unlock)
    Also wont use later on because the wdef at lvl3 is about 2-3dmg decreased. As for Rage/Fury, -10wdef is about 3 more damage taken. But the animation of Iron Body you might wanna have just for the heck of it. (Mages haf it too, you know that growing big thingy animation)

Conclusion: What you do with the extra 6SP wont change anything significant. And no you cant save it up for 2nd job. Ya sux...

PS. I afk and heal too but after i maxed mastery (around lvl36), I got bored of afking and just used pots. Same with Iron Body, the 2-3 dmg decrease was fun but with harder monsters and it only lasts around 45s i got tired of casting all the time.
    Message me for a:
    -Hybrid Spearman and DK Guide
    -Why Swords are better than Axe/BW Explanation

Yea but when ur higher lvl u prob want to have a shield for the def higher lvl shields have good def anways i mean skull shield 50 extra def is nice i like useing one handed swords when its appropriate but i also like useing 2hd swords it depends i like to use both.

You gonna find shields useful because of dmg decreased. Umm..ok...

Gold Aquila Shield (lvl80, i dont think it's out yet in oMS)
    Perfect stats: 67wdef and 25mdef
    2.5wdef = -1dmg
    67wdef = -26dmg (im pretty sure game rounds down)
    26dmg is like half a red pot.

If you went 2H you're gonna get hundreds more dmg than the 1H.

But 1H do have a faster attack speed so they output more dmg per minute than 2H. Bit more...lil bit.

Im not convincing you to use 2H. But telling you eventually shields would become obsolete (cant spell) even with 3rd job's shield mastery. Eventually. And your gonna switch to 2H. So prob until lvl50 or lvl60 you should switch to 2H.

(But ya they are more cool to look at than 2H. So many 2H) <<< personal opinion
    Message me for a:
    -Hybrid Spearman and DK Guide
    -Why Swords are better than Axe/BW Explanation

It doesn't really matter, just experiment like using sheild and 1-h sword for lvl 50+ while using 2-h swords for lvls 30-49 or whatever you choose. Remeber, unlike spearmen, mastery applies for both 1-h and 2-h sowrds and no one will prosecute you if you toggle between 1-h and 2-h swords. Consider yourself lucky that it isn't "1-h sowrd mastery" and "2-h sword mastery".
    PROBLEM SLEUTH COMICS:

Spoiler!